Free confidential support for English-speaking people touched by cancer.
Support for English-speaking people touched by cancer in France
We realise that cancer and its treatment is difficult enough in your own country but in a new land and in a strange language it can be very, very, complex indeed. The aim of this website is to give you access to information and the emotional, linguistic and practical help that you may need.
CSF is a network of independent associations throughout France that provides support for English-speaking people of any nationality who have been touched by cancer.
Each association organises itself according to the needs of its own area and all associations are set up according to the French law of 1901.
What we aim to do
- Provide you with support which is confidential and free of charge
- Offer support to you, your family and your carers by telephone, in person or by email
- Help you to ask the right questions
- Accompany you to consultations and provide language support if needed
- Guide you to other sources of appropriate advice
- Provide access to information in English about cancer and its treatment in France
- Visit you at home or in hospital when this is possible
- Welcome you to 'Drop In' days or support group meetings at an association near you
Who we are
- We are all volunteers
- Many of us have experienced cancer first-hand and understand the emotional effects of the disease and its treatment
- We have extensive knowledge of the French health care system and many of our volunteers speak fluent French
- All of our support team have received training from Cancer Support France, however, we are not medically trained
All our volunteers abide by our confidentiality policy which you are free to download.